There are so many quick and easy ways to get closer to nature that no one needs to go without the benefits of having that connection to our natural world.
Quick & Easy Ways to Get Closer to Nature
- Go barefoot. Even if it’s only for a short while. You don’t even need to walk on the ground, just make contact with the earth with nothing between the soles of your feet and the natural ground. The ground can be found on any natural surface in contact with the earth. In my opinion, this one act is the most important thing you can do for your general holistic health.
- Open the windows. Okay, so if you live in a high-rise apartment you might not be able to do this. But if you go anywhere outside pay special attention when the wind blows.
- Sit still and listen. Do this outside in a quiet spot if such a place exists near you. If you sit and listen for more than a few minutes you’ll begin to hear the sounds beyond the initial sounds that reach your ears. The deeper you listen, the more layers to life around you’ll notice. Even man-made sounds come to our ears in layers and this exercise will be helpful in getting you more deeply connected to the world around.
- Guided meditation. Listen to a guided mediation that brings your mind to natural places. Even if only in your mind, you can experience all of the sensory opportunities that exist in real nature.
- Bring nature inside! Invest in art that moves you, or make your own. No favorite artists? Check out my art, then 🙂 Pick wildflowers or buy them from a local florist. Decorate your living space with natural accents. Print your own photography or buy framed works that move you.
If you would like to help Madison get more easily found by others, leave her a Google review by clicking HERE. Thank you in advance!
Need More Inspiration?
Here’s some links to sites that can help you think about other ways to get closer to nature.
- Yoga under the Trees: http://www.thecapistranodispatch.com/dirt-therapy-connecting-true-nature/
- How do you put a monetary value on nature? https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/13/bcst-value-of-nature
- Finding Nature Again with my Children https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2015/10/13/finding-nature-again-with-my-children/
- Conserving for Nature’s Sake or Our Own? by Allison Mills at Pys.org