If there’s one thing to know about me, it’s that I’m stubborn and don’t give up easily. And I draw a lot of inspiration from nature.
This snail is steadfastly going over obstacles that could proportionately be called boulders. I watched it for a little while as it went over, under, or around whatever stood in the path blocking him from his destination.
- noun: perseverance
- steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
“his perseverance with the technique illustrates his single-mindedness”
- synonyms: persistence, tenacity, determination, staying power, indefatigability, steadfastness, purposefulness; patience, endurance, application, diligence, dedication, commitment, doggedness, assiduity, tirelessness, stamina; intransigence, obstinacy; informalstick-to-it-iveness; formalpertinacity
- “in a competitive environment, perseverance is an invaluable asset”
Definition from Google search
I created this Perseverance poster for myself. It seems as if everything I’m doing is moving along at a snail’s pace. It’s hard to stay optimistic that I will ever realize my goals.
I’m not sure snails have “destinations” in mind when they’re crawling around, but even in a moment-to-moment life there is at least the objective to get to the other side of whatever is in the way.
So that’s the inspiration intended for this image.
I’m going to keep plugging away at the projects on my desk. Sooner or later, I’ll get there … wherever “there” happens to be. Right now, the goal is to finish the final edits on my first book of the Bounty Hunter series. But there’s also:
- garlic to plant and garden to prep
- a pile of things to file
- ledgers to catch up on before tax season
- websites to update
- blog posts to make
- SEO to review for those sites
- the next book to begin
- products to create
- photography to edit
If the image speaks to you, too, I’ll have posters available soon at the boutique, lol.