- Download: Media sheet for speaking to nature groups , and photo
- Download: Transcript for Ginseng Habitat presentation
- Program notes for Nature Writing/Journaling workshop
I’m an Author, photographer, animal and nature-lover and bonafide tree-hugger – the wilderness is the perfect environment to satisfy my soul. It gives me inspiration to bring the products to life to help others reconnect with Nature. I write fantasy, non-fiction and use photography to create products for our online store.
American Ginseng and the habitat that supports this endangered plant is one of my avid interests. Most of my non-fiction is devoted to this topic and I encourage anyone with the right kind of land to help protect and re-establish habitat. This is my goal for our property even though we still intend to harvest and sell our roots eventually. With proper planning, planting and ethical harvesting, it will thrive for generations to come.
I’m the voice behind our social media and website.
(link to Bio Photo)
- Author of 4 nature-inspired books
- Sustainable Ginseng
- DIY Ginseng Habitat & Site Assessment Guide
- 10 Common Plants worth Knowing (in a Long-term Survival Situation)
- American Ginseng & Companions
- Amateur Photographer
- Certified Traditional Herbalist (Southeast School of Botanic Medicine, 1999)
- Interested in Arkansas’ native medicinal, edible, and useful plants
- Specialty is growing wild-simulated American ginseng, and I study/photograph wild populations growing at Wild Ozark.
- Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/wildozark/)
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/wildozark/)
- LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/wildozark/)
Books: My books and their descriptions can be found at this page: https://www.wildozark.com/books-by-madison-woods/
My fantasy website: http://fantasy.wildozark.com/
Wild Ozark’s website: https://www.wildozark.com (lots of photography & articles related to ginseng, homesteading, nature)